2.3
Additional Fees

I have had downeast energy for a number of years now and have been reasonably happy until the last two years. All of a sudden being on automated fill they were showin up every 2 and a half weeks with good size price increases every time.

They were trying to tell me that because I’m using this for my propane hot water heater that I also purchased from them originally ,they were telling me from years ago it was the best way to go economy wise . So just this past April I needed a new hot water to replace my original leaky old propane hot water tank. So I purchased another new propane hot water tank from downeast and had them install it. Well now their story is that I’m not using enough propane per year so they think they can charge stupid large price increases every time they come here .THIS IS *** and unfair from $3.88 to $4.13 and now to 4.25.

Per gallon . I also have a propane heating stove that I use in the winter for supplemental heat. No FFFG more downeast engery as far as I’m concerned you are a bunch of thieving thieves and I don’t mind telling any body. My new company is only charging $2.70 per gallon.

The receptionist on the phone was trying to blame the economy and said the cost of everything according to the news was going up a lot this year but I think downeast is trying to take advantage of the news and screwing the public over. I used to be on automatic fill but I cut that out two years ago because they were here like ever two and a half weeks for ridicoulas money charged for propane.They still managed to let me run out once on automatic fill.

NO MORE auto fill thank you any way .I am retired and on social security for money and part time jobs when I can . $400.00 a month for hot water and a little supplemental heat is absolutely absurd and ridiculous .Now you want to charge me $104.00 to return my old propane tank cause of your thieving propane prices {{REDACTED}}

Product or Service Mentioned: Downeast Energy Propane Tank Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Much.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 02.

Comments